Turn your LinkedIn Profile into a Landing Page
It can't be a surprise that I'm extremely bullish on LinkedIn.
The platform is 20 years old, but currently still the fastest-growing platform for online writers.
In this article, I'll show how you can turn your LinkedIn Profile into a landing page and convert traffic into subscribers or clients.
The four crucial elements here are:
- Your banner
- Your headline
- The About section
- Creator Mode
Let's break them down, one-by-one:
Your banner or the background picture is your free billboard.
Have you ever noticed that it takes up almost a quarter of the page?
It’s a lost opportunity to not utilize this space to build your brand image.
Similar to your profile picture, there isn't one right answer to what your header should look like.
Here are 3 aspects you definitely need to take into consideration when picking a header image:
You want to use the banner to be:
- Clear: You've got a few seconds to convey your message and the problem you solve.
- Personal: Use your cover photo to present yourself and your brand to the world aesthetically.
- Unique: Make sure to stand out by using colors (if you have them) or other brand elements.
A good example by my friend Jasmin cover all these elements:
Tip: Canva is the simplest way to create your banner.
Your headline is more than just a job title.
The headline is your hook, your opening line, the thing that makes your audience stop scrolling and clicking.
It should catch people's attention and communicate right away what you do.
In one impression a visitor wants to see what you’re about.
Without thinking their subconscious goes:
- “Why should I care to follow this person?”
- “How can this person help me solve a problem I have?”
- "What's in for me?"
Answer these questions proactively.
You want to be as clear and succinct as possible.
Display how your brand can potentially serve them.
A quick checklist to craft a strong headline:
- Communicates who you help
- Easy to tell what problem you solve
- Shares more about a desired outcome
- Clearly communicates who you are
A few great examples:
Make sure that your headline is optimized for mobile as more than half of LinkedIn usage is done that way.
When commenting, it shows the first part of your headline, so you want to make sure the "meat" of the headline is there.
That's a powerful way of putting your face on someone else's screen (aka personal branding):
This is another element - when optimized - you outrun 99% of LinkedIn.
The majority of LinkedIn Profiles talk about:
- Themselves and their dog
- Their accolades and certifications
- Their mediocre grades in high school
But, not you anymore after reading this newsletter.
The following framework is battle-tested and has proven to work.
Use this to write an About Section that converts profile visitors into inbound leads.
This is where it gets really cool.
It's one of the latest additions to the LinkedIn Profile:
This literally transforms your LinkedIn Profile into a launchpad.
To your course, your newsletter or website.
Please don't use this section to cover your "best-performing" posts.
No one cares.
Unless you sell LinkedIn Growth.
How you enable Creator Mode:
- Go to your LinkedIn Profile.
- In the middle, you should see a tab called "Resources".
- Click on Creator Mode.
- Add up to 5 topics to show potential followers what you post about most.
- Once done, you'll see a new element is added to your Profile.
- Add items by clicking + in the top-right corner.
These are the four steps you can take to turn your LinkedIn Profile into a Landing Page.
One that works for you while you're asleep.
If you have any questions about these elements, don't hesitate to reach out.
Always happy to chat.
All right, see you next week.
Till then, keep being awesome.
Your Personal Creator Guide,
Also: when you're ready, here are three ways I can help you...
- Get the FREE Content Management System.
More clarity, more focus, and better performing content. Click here.
- Unlock the LinkedIn Growth System.
Transform your LinkedIn Profile into a Lead Generator. Click here.
- Hire me for your copywriting and brand strategy.
Give your brand the voice it deserves. Click here.